Scott McGillivray, Debra Salmoni and the Vacation House Rules team is back and gearing up for season 5! If you’re a fan of the hit HGTV Canada series and want to turn your vacation property into a stunning money-making vacation destination, now is your chance to apply.
- All properties must be within a 2-3 hour drive of the Greater Toronto Area
- Property types include cottages, chalets, farmhouses, boathouses, historic homes – any property that would make a popular vacation rental!
- You must have a minimum of $150,000 to contribute to the renovation (SEE SPECIAL NOTE BELOW)
- You must be outgoing and available 4-5 days over a period of 8-10 weeks for filming in 2022
- You must fill out the online application below with all necessary information and send only one email to the provided address with horizontal/landscape pictures of you (and your family) and your property
Once you have submitted your application, a new window will confirm your entry has been received. We regret that we cannot respond to each application and will only contact projects that meet all requirements and are suitable for the show.
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT THE CURRENT COST OF RENOVATIONS DURING COVID-19
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect the construction industry in a major way. The most important aspect for anyone considering a renovation at this time is to keep in mind is that the cost of labour and materials has risen dramatically over the past 18 months. As a result, a renovation that might have cost 100k-150k a couple of years ago is easily being quoted at 250k-350k+ today, depending on the specifics of the project.