Here are 10 tips for tackling some common living room design problems with ease:
- Open-concept requires consistent flooring and finishes throughout. Not only is it pleasing to the eye, consistency makes the rooms appear more spacious.
- Stone flooring is a practical choice for a home’s entryway. It’s easy to clean and durable.
- Replace old stained glass windows that do not work. New, energy-efficient windows infuse a dark space with light and benefit your energy budget.
- Hire professionals if removing old radiators. If they are being kept, find a creative way to cover then without losing energy efficiency.
- Small rooms don’t require small-scale furnishings. Large pieces can make a room live larger.
- Consider moving the hearth of a fireplace up to a comfortable eye level. Ask a professional if a new gas-powered fireplace is an option.
- A good lighting plan is important for all areas of an entryway and living room, well thought-out and located fixtures add atmosphere and safety.
- Old broadloom is a giant sponge for dirt and odours. Consider removing and refinishing hardwood underneath.
- Figure out placement for your technological needs like Internet, TV and stereo cables before hanging drywall.
- Devise ways of incorporating unused space in the foyer into useable living room space.