Are you ready to show off your Newfoundland pride? To kick off an exciting new season of Rock Solid Builds with your favourite East Coast crew, we want to hear what you love the most about “The Rock”…without actually telling us!
Head over to TikTok and stitch your answer to Randy’s video for a chance to win an exclusive Rock Solid Builds prize pack. Don’t forget to hashtag #RSBTellMe and tag @hgtvcanada in your video to enter.
Entries will open January 27, 2022 and close on February 13, 2022. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries. Read on for contest rules and regulations.
Watch Rock Solid Builds Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on HGTV Canada. Also available on the Global TV App, and STACKTV with Amazon Prime Video Channels. HGTV Canada is available through all major TV service providers.
#RSBTellMe Contest Rules and Regulations:
THE HGTV CANADA’S ROCK SOLID BUILDS #RSBTELLME CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) WILL BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA (EXCLUDING QUÉBEC) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1.1 To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the province of Québec);
(b) be of the age of majority in their province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry; and
(c) be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Work (as defined below) submitted in connection with the Contest.
1.2 The following people are not eligible to enter the Contest:
(a) Employees of Corus Sales Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively “Corus”);
(b) Any person who has been confirmed as a winner of two (2) Corus administered contests within six (6) months preceding the Contest start date indicated below; and
(c) The household members of any of the parties listed in Section (a) to (b).
1.3 Corus shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Corus for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Corus reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply information that does not meet these requirements.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 27, 2022 and ends at 12:00 p.m. ET on February 13, 2022 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
3.1 There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Before entering the Contest, ensure that the “Private” option in your TikTok account settings is set to “OFF”. To enter the Contest, you must: (i) be following HGTV Canada’s TikTok profile; (ii) create and post a user generated video to TikTok, stitched together with the official campaign video available on HGTV Canada’s TikTok profile (the “Work”); and (iii) make sure the work include the following hashtag(s) (which are required for valid entry into the Contest): “#RSBTellMe” “@hgtvcanada”. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
3.2 By participating in this Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that the Work: (i) does not contain any material, language or gestures that are libelous, defamatory, indecent, profane, obscene or violent and does not violate any laws including without limitation, relating to hate speech or otherwise; (ii) is original, solely created by the entrant and that no third party participated as an author, co-author or otherwise in the creation of the Work or any part thereof; (iii) all right, title and interest (including copyright) therein is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable Corus to use the Work as contemplated by these Contest Rules; (iv) the Work does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, proprietary interests or other statutory or common law rights of any third party; (v) does not contain any recognizable logos or any other copyrighted material; (vi) does not contain any mention, endorsement, or “plug” any commercial product, service, venture or thing, including, without limitation, the name of entrant’s employer; and (vii) has not been submitted in connection with any other contest and/or promotional campaign.
3.3 Limit of one (1) entry per person per during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
3.4 All entries including the Work, become the sole property of Corus and will not be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. Unless otherwise set out herein, no communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential winner.
3.5 Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entrant may be required to provide Corus with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with their entry.
4.1 There are ten (10) prizes (each a “Prize”, collectively the “Prizes”) available to be won by the Prize winners (each a “Winner”, collectively the “Winners”) each consisting of the following:
(a) One (1) postcard from Kate Fudge Art;
(b) One (1) candle from Foggy Island;
(c) One (1) pack of Screech Coffee from Jumping Bean Coffee;
(d) One (1) “Best Kind” mug from Saltwater Designs Newfoundland;
(e) One (1) “Taste Like Home” chocolate from the Newfoundland Chocolate Company;
(f) One (1) Newfoundland tartan blanket from Kawartha Pillows Co.;
(g) One (1) toque from Newfoundland Builders; and
(h) One (1) cutting board from Newfoundland Builders.
4.2 Each Prize has an approximate value of three hundred and three Canadian dollars (CDN$303).
4.3 Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
4.4 Prizes will be distributed within fourteen (14) days after each Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of their Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS.
5.1 Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Corus. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of a Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and Corus shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. Corus reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
5.2 Shipped Prizes shall not be insured and Corus shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
6.1 Ten (10) Winners shall be selected as follows:
(a) On or about February 14, 2022 in Toronto, Ontario, ten (10) entrants will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by Corus. Before being declared a Winner, each selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail to comply with the Contest Rules and to sign and return the Release (described below).
(b) EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 14, 2022 AT 12:00 P.M. ET AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone or e-mail (as specified in the notification) to the contact number or e-mail address provided no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Contest Rules and/or the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond accordingly, they will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in Corus’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. Corus is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for Corus to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
7. RELEASE. Potential Winners will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms each potential Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of Corus, TikTok and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to Corus the unrestricted right, in Corus’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography; and the Work, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within seven (7) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases, indemnifies and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims made by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
9. RIGHTS CLEARANCE. By providing the Work to Corus in connection with the Contest, each entrant shall retain all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Work and shall grant to Corus a worldwide, gratuitous, irrevocable, and exclusive license to copy, modify, produce, reproduce, display, publish, exhibit, distribute, convert, adapt, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, transmit and otherwise use or reuse the Work in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of entry, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration, promotion and exploitation of the Contest. Corus assumes no responsibility for any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy, personality or otherwise, and all such liability shall remain with the entrant. Corus reserves the right to exclude any Work for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity or hate speech, as determined by Corus in its sole discretion.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Corus assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. Corus is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Corus assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including reasons beyond the control of Corus, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest Microsite.
11. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Microsite and made available upon request throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of Corus, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Corus reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Microsite or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Corus property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass Corus or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST MICROSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CORUS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
12.1 By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to Corus the right to use their name, mailing address, age of majority confirmation and e-mail address and submitted Work (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners and coordinating the provision of the Prizes; (ii) grants to Corus the right to use their Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that Corus may disclose their Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of Corus in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by Corus and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
14. TERMINATION. Corus reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
15. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Corus. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and Corus in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
16. DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
17. SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Corus.