Many of us all know and love Sarah Richardson from her popular design shows such as Sarah 101, Design Inc. and Sarah’s House. But in her new series Real Potential which premieres this Thursday, September 19th at 9 & 9:30pm ET|PT, we get to see another of side of Sarah. In Real Potential, Sarah’s helping home buyers see past that one disaster room using her innovative thinking and real estate know-how. This new show had us thinking, what else don’t we know about Sarah? So we asked!
- Hidden talent: I can do a really good swan dive. [See photo on right. Photo credit: @sarahrichardsondesign via Instagram.]
- Favourite colour: blue/green, or green/blue – that allows me to combine two together.
- Favourite season: Fall. I’m born in October… changing leaves, turtleneck sweaters, fires; there’s no better season.
- How many siblings do you have: I have three; I have an older brother and two younger half-brothers.
- Best vacation you ever took: My honeymoon because it was so special and amazing, but I would say we love family vacations with our kids in Harbour Island, Bahamas – pink sand beaches and sand castles…
- Most recent book you read: Curious George Goes to the Hospital.
- How do you take your coffee: Mostly milk and espresso – homemade lattes; just milk in the microwave, espresso, done!
- Favourite subject when you were in school: Art.
- Favourite flea market find: Every last thing that I’ve bought! But a flea market thing that I buy on a regular basis: antique quilts or vintage ceramics. Or the answer would be: I usually need a truck after every flea market.
- What was your first job as a child? So my first job for a company that I worked for was, Club Monaco when I was 15 years old. But my job before that was when I was about 10 years old, I started doing the laundry at home and getting paid for it, and doing a little bit of ironing. And then my mom realized that I changed my clothes three times a day, and that she was just paying me to do my own laundry! So that ended. I’m really good at ironing men’s dress shirts, I could teach a lesson on that.
- Favourite thing to do on a rainy day: Bake with my kids.
- Guilty pleasure: Chardonnay and chocolate! Or cheese fondue, and a fire on a rainy day, with my husband.