Getting a nursery baby-ready means cosy additions and eco-friendly choices.
- Adding carpet tiles to a room makes it cosier and quieter than a hardwood floor. It is also perfect for a newborn’s bedroom, because if anything spills on the carpet and stains, a single tile can be replaced instead of the whole carpet.
- Roman shades are a popular choice of drapery that can be hobbled, or ruffled. When the Roman shades are drawn, they blanket the room in complete darkness: a perfect companion to a sleepy baby.
- Floor and table lamps add warmth to a room that originally consisted of off-centred wall lighting.
- Eco Tip: Lighter paint colours contain less pigment and usually have lower VOCs, which means they produce less harmful gas than darker colours.
- Eco Tip: When looking for crib mattresses, lean towards ones that use natural types of flame-retardant powders on the mattress foam, such as baking soda or cilia. This is a more eco-friendly and healthy option to the toxic chemicals that are conventionally used.