Bohemian style is an eclectic mix of styles and colours, with artifacts and offbeat artwork from around the world.
- Adding side tables and lamps to a family room will allow for multiple uses from reading to playing games to watching TV.
- A mixture of lights will add to the eclectic look, and allow the family to choose from a variety of settings.
- Sectional seating works best when you want an informal seating arrangement. It’s more casual than a sofa and loveseat.
- A beautiful rug can be artwork for your floor.
- Layering drapes over blinds on windows or glass sliding doors adds an intimate touch than just using the blinds alone.
- There are a few key things you have to remember when arranging your bookshelves so that they don’t look cluttered and messy: Be consistent, establish contrasts, balance horizontal and vertical, work in layers, and start at eye level and work out from there.
- Honeycomb blinds are very energy-efficient and are great eco options for skylights and windows.
- A ceiling fan can be used year round as an environmentally-friendly way to move warm/cool air around your house giving you more control over the temperature of your room, and using less energy from your HVAC.
- Seagrass carpets are made from a rapidly renewable resource and are a great choice when going for a natural, organic look for your flooring.
There are a few main things to consider when shopping for a green bed:
- Find a bed frame that’s constructed with wood that is FSC certified, which means it has been responsibly harvested.
- Try to find a frame that is upholstered with recycled, or biodegradable fabric, like cotton or linen.
- Find a mattress that is made from natural latex foam, or at least foam that is polyurethane free (which means there will be no off-gassing).
- Look for a mattress that’s been manufactured using a water-based glue with low or no VOCs.
- Try to find natural wool padding for the mattress.