- 8 ½” X 11 ¾” (21.59 cm X 39.85 cm) foam sheets – in black, white, and purple
- fishing wire
- suspension rail hooks (5 – 7 look great)
- 35 crimp beads
- scissors, pen, 1/8” (3.18 mm) hole-puncher, card stock, needle-nose pliers, 4 straight nails (to hang suspension rail), hammer, white pencil crayon
- Create templates by drawing different sized stars and lightning bolts on card stock. Cut out templates.
- For a 35-piece baby mobile (7 columns and 5 rows), trace each template 2-4 times onto each colour fun foam, referring to the guide below, or as desired.
purple – large star X 3
purple – small star X 4
purple – large lightning bolt X 3
purple – small lightning bolt X 2
black – large star X 3
black – small star X 4
black – large lightning bolt X 2
black – small lightning bolt X 3
white – large star X 3
white – small star X 4
white – large lightning bolt X 2
white – small lightning bolt X 2
- Arrange pieces into 7 columns and 5 rows. Alternate a row of stars with a row of lightening bolts.
- Hole punch the top and bottom points of each piece, except for the pieces in the bottom row; hole punch only their top points.
- Cut 35 strands of 6” (15.24 cm) fishing wire.
- Thread a strand of fishing wire through the top hole punches of each piece in the top row. Secure each strand into a loop by threading ends through opposite sides of a crimp bead. Flatten crimp bead with pliers. Repeat for pieces in next three rows, but loop fishing wire between hole punches of each piece above and below it. Bottom row will only loop together with pieces above them.
- Evenly space seven hooks from a suspension rail. Hang suspension rail according to manufacturer’s directions. **NOTE: Be sure to hang in an area out of reach of baby**
- Hang the columns of star and lightning bolt pieces by looping the fishing wire from the top pieces to the suspension hooks.
23 ½” (59.69 cm) long suspension rail hooks
Foam sheets: black, white, purple, scissors, crimp beads, hole puncher (Crop-A-Dile®), card Stock
Michaels Craft Store
Needle-nose pliers, hammer