A lot of attention is given to the sights and smells of the holiday season – but don’t ignore the sounds! This festive jingle bell ornament is easy to make and then hang from a door in your home to fill the room with the sounds of a jingling sleigh. No dashing through the snow required!
2 bags red bells, various sizes
Thick white ribbon
Medium red ribbon
Thin red ribbon
Needle Nose Pliers
Hot glue gun
- Form the wire into the shape of a circle using a coffee can as your guide.
- Using needle nosed pliers, fashion a loop into one end of the wire, this will serve as one half of the clasp once the wreath is complete.
- Slide bells onto the straight end of the wire until the entire circle is covered with just an inch or so of space left at the open end.
- Slide the open end through the looped end and close with another loop using the needle nosed pliers.
- Take your thick white ribbon and loop it around the wreath so that it that covers the clasp completely. The length of ribbon should be approximately 26”, or 13” once doubled over and looped.
- Using the glue gun, secure the white ribbon just above the clasp, then again around the middle and at the top.
- Take the top 3” of the white ribbon and fold over backwards, forming a loop and secure with hot glue. Allow a few minutes for all the glue to dry.
- Meanwhile, tie a bow with your medium red ribbon and fasten to the white ribbon, right over the area where the white ribbon covers the clasp. The red bow will be at the top of your wreath and at the bottom of the white ribbon.
- Use a length of thin red ribbon to tie a loose bow through the loop at the top of the white ribbon. This loose red bow can now be used to hang your jingle bell door ornament from any hook or door knob in your home.
Safety Note: Parents crafting with children should help with all steps that require the use of scissors and hot glue.