Hang one of these felt high flyers by your window or create a whole flock for a dramatic, modern mobile.
You will need:
Felt (we used two colours)
Card or heavy paper
White craft glue
- Print our hummingbird stencil or create your own.
- Using scissors, cut out the bird and wing stencils. Then fold the paper in half and cut out the slit for the wings and the hole for the ribbon.
- Trace the bird and wings onto felt. You will need two birds and two wingspans. You may want to use two different colours for the wings. Cut the shapes out of the felt.
- Also trace the bird stencil onto the card stock and cut out. You may want to cut the card bird slightly smaller so the card doesn’t stick out of the felt layers.
- Glue the felt birds onto either side of the card bird. Trim any rough edges or edges that don’t match. Let dry.
- Before gluing the wings together, slide them into the slit on the bird. To decide on how open you’d like the wings, experiment with rectangular pieces of card in varying lengths between the layers of felt.
- Glue the card in between the wing layers. Let dry.
- Finally insert the wings into your bird, then loop the ribbon through the hole and hang.