If your heart’s a flutter for that special someone, make them this charming butterfly card to show that you care.
You will need:
Patterned paper (such as scrapbook paper or handmade paper)
Clear-drying craft glue
Craft edging scissors (optional)
- Cover your card stock in your patterned paper of choice. Make sure to spread the glue all the way to the edge of the paper so that you get a good seal.
- Take a sheet of construction paper and cut out 3 butterfly shapes, in various sizes. Layer the tissue paper on top of each other.
- Cut your pipe cleaner to the length of the butterfly and glue into place in the centre. To help the pipe cleaner stay in place you can use a clothes pin as a clamp.
- Next, squeeze some glue onto a sheet of paper and dip the tip of your brush into the glue. Slowly glue the beads onto the card in a heart pattern. You can lightly trace on the heart shape with a pencil beforehand if desired.
- Finally, glue your butterfly onto the card. Finish the card with a scalloped edge if desired.