- Cassette tape
- Elastic 3/8” (11 mm) wide
- Small bauble, jewel, or other trinket (to adorn the elastic)
needle-nose pliers, jeweler’s screwdriver (Phillips head), sewing machine (or hand-sewing needle), thread, fabric glue (if necessary to glue bauble onto elastic)
- Remove the screws from the cassette, and remove the insides of the cassette.
- Use pliers to break off the plastic pieces that protrude from the inside of the cassette. Make sure your business cards fit inside.
- Cut 5” (13 cm) of elastic. Overlap the two ends and zigzag stitch. If you don’t have a zigzag on your machine, single needle is fine. Sew right sides together and trim the ends of the elastic so they don’t fray.
- Insert your business cards between the cassette pieces. Wrap the elastic around the cassette to ensure it remains shut. The elastic can also double as a cute bracelet or hair tie! Hey – look at you moving up in the business world!
Making Memories size-adjustable hole punch, elastic, thread, jeweler’s screwdriver (Phillips head), fabric glue –
Michaels Craft Store
Cassette tapes –
needle nose pliers –
6191 West Boulevard