Bring a gorgeous hint of glitter to your dinner table with these simple yet stylish napkin rings.
Assorted coloured glass and plastic beads (6″ to 8″ when laid end-to-end).
Thin wire (available at most bead stores) that matches the colour of your beads.
Small pliers or tweezers
- Lay beads out in the order that you want them to appear on your ring.
- Cut a piece of wire that is 2″ longer then the length of your beads when laid end-to-end. Using the small pliers, make a “knot” shape at one end of the wire, to prevent beads from falling off.
- String beads onto the wire. Once finished, “knot” off the remaining end of the wire.
- Lay the string of beads on a table, centering the beads on the wire. There should be about an inch of wire protruding on each end.
- Holding the wire where the beads end, bring the ends together forming an “O” shape.
- Extend the beaded wire so that it overlaps and creates two rows of beads. Take one end of the wire and wrap it around the opposing piece of wire until there is no more wire to wrap. Do the same on the other side.
- You should now have a beautiful ring with two lines of beads at the top. You can keep them together, or pull to make a bit of an oval shape.