Wine Bottle Gift Bag
By Wendy Russell
- Long-sleeved button-down shirt
HOT TIP: sleeves must be wide enough to hold a wine bottle – a men’s small or ladies large works best. Cuffs with lots of buttons look great! Ribbon
- Bracelets/anklets (optional)
- Scissors, hot glue gun, hot glue sticks (or sewing machine and matching thread)
- Cut the sleeve of the shirt 4” (10 cm) longer than the length of a wine bottle.
- Flip the sleeve inside out. Run a bead of hot glue along the inside edge of the cut end of the sleeve, and adhere together. (Sleeve can be sewn shut, as well.)
- OPTIONAL: Miter the corners of the bag so that it sits flat on a counter surface. To miter the corners on the bottom of the gift bag, pull open the sides to create triangles on either ends of the straight glue seam. Fold each triangle towards each other, so points meet in the centre of the seam. Glue down to secure and create a flat bottom. This step can also be done easily with a sewing machine.
- Flip the sleeve right-side out, and your gift bag is done!
- Tie ribbon around the neck of the bottle to add a decorative touch and secure into place.
- OPTIONAL: add a bracelet or anklet to give your wine holder some personality, and it becomes a bonus gift for the hostess! Or find a shirt that’s made for cufflinks. You can make the cufflinks yourself, and they become part of the gift!
Renos & DIY
blog comments powered by