1 piece of plywood (size of your choice)
1 can of black chalkboard paint
Assorted artificial flowers (enough to go around the entire chalkboard)
1 large paintbrush
1. Sand the edges, corners and any rough areas on the surface of your plywood.
2. Brush off all sawdust and lay the plywood on a flat, newspaper-covered surface.
3. Using protective gloves (chalkboard paint is difficult to remove from skin) and the large paintbrush, apply chalkboard paint thickly and evenly. Allow it to dry overnight in a well-ventilated area.
4. Apply a second coat if needed. Cover bare or uneven areas where the paint may have absorbed into the wood. Allow it to dry.
5. Arrange artificial flowers around the edges of your chalkboard and apply each one using the glue gun. Allow glue to dry.
6. The chalkboard can now be hung on the wall using picture hangers, or simply propped against the wall as a backdrop for a desk or an art table.