Are you a self-professed film fanatic? Make a fantastic and repurposed 16mm or 35mm film flower vase.
- 16mm or 35mm camera film on a roll
- Shellac brushes
- Double-sided tape
- All-purpose bristle brush
- Glass vase
- Lay the roll of film flat on your work surface. It needs to be loose enough to be able to form it into a vase shape.
- Slowly 'mold' the film up into a vase shape. You may need an extra set of hands to help you hold the film, so it doesn't slip back down on itself. Make sure the film is evenly spaced to give it a uniform look.
- Finish the cut end of the film neatly by using a piece of double-sided tape at the top of the 'vase.'
- Paint a coat of shellac on the inside of the vase to adhere the film together.
- Allow the shellac to dry according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Insert a glass vase inside, pop in some flowers or a potted plant, et voila!
Tip: You can also craft this vase out of rolls of ‘drink tickets.’
Shellac, Shellac brushes, Double-sided tape -
6191 West Boulevard