Cup Ball Light Fixture
By Mark Montano
- 200 3-ounce (~85 mL) cups
- A light bulb fixture with cord
- 15 inches (38 cm) of ribbon or chain
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Hot glue the cups together at the rims and the bases. Start with 2 cups and keep adding.
- Keeping adding the cups, and you will start to see the ball forming. It takes a while, so be patient! I am always amazed at how long I can spend on a cup ball, but it’s always worth it.
- Leave a hole that is wide enough to allow your light bulb to be inserted.
- Glue your chain or ribbon to the cup ball near the opening and attach it to the light bulb cord about 10 inches (25.5 cm) up. If you see ribbon, just tie it to the cord; if it’s wire, and then attach it with a twist tie. Hang it at the desired height from a hook. Use a 25-watt light bulb.
These instructions and more can be found in Mark Montano’s book, Dollar Store Décor.
Renos & DIY