When you are renovating your kitchen there are a few things you’ll need to think about. And the first one is cost. I saved in Virginia’s kitchen by putting the new appliances in the original spots – I won’t need to hire plumbers and electricians.
Things to Consider When Remodeling a Kitchen on a Budget:
- If you’re on a budget, it is possible to do most of the work yourself.
- Check out on-line guides on how to measure, plan, design, and install the different elements of your kitchen.
- Try to find suppliers that offer free delivery and installation services with purchase of their products.
- Make sure that you spend the money where it counts, on professional electricians and plumbers as well as on the luxury finishing touches like countertops, hardware and appliances.
- A perfect mix of high and low.
- Save money by retaining some of your old kitchen fittings.
What to Splurge On:
- “Custom-like” finishes like door dampeners and drawer dampeners.
- Appliances, sink/faucet, hardware and good lighting are great to spend money on as they make all the difference.
Things you Can Be Thrifty On That Will Still Allow for a Beautiful Finished Kitchen:
- The best place to save money is on services, if you choose to do it yourself.
- You can also be thrifty on countertop surfaces. This can be the largest savings. There are very good inexpensive options on the market right now
- Shop around – give yourself time to find the suppliers that offer quality products at lower prices
- Find suppliers that offer free delivery and installation