I know you’ve looked at backsplashes and thought to yourself: I can do it. It’s just tile and grout, for Pete’s sake, can’t I do it? Well I’ve seen the results of some of those thoughts, and the subsequent resolve to do it on one’s own, and it usually looks like this:
From Sarah’s House, S1, epi 1 (the basement is a horror.)
Now, don’t let me discourage you. Because this month is all about nurturing that palpable drive to do it your self, and, lest you think we would be remiss in our home and garden duties, how to do it right! May is DIY and Small Projects month, which includes not just small reno projects like tiling, but awesome DIY decor ideas that will have your creative juices ready to re-imagine. Light fixtures, wall art, storage ideas, crafts and all kinds of fun undertakings, in addition to some basic reno know-how from our trusty hosts and experts. Spring is in full swing and we’re ready to do!
New This Month!
- DIY: The Art of Nookery: Create A Space within a Space
- DIY: Edible Plants for Any Outdoor Space
- DIY Contest: Win $1,200 Worth of Tools!
- DIY: Turn an Old, Clunky Piano into a Gorgeous Piece of Furniture
- DIY: Ikea Bowl Turned Coveted Tom Dixon Beat Light!
- DIY: Modern Guest Book
- Pinterest and the Contemporary Craft Movement: Is DIY a Dirty Word?
- Top 10 Friday: DIYs Around Mom’s House
- 11 DIY Chandeliers You Won’t Believe
- DIY Natural-Wood-Clad Wall Panels for Under $20!
- DIY Entrance Way for Under $200
- 2 Easy DIYs from Summer Home: Make Your Own Rope Lamp and Foliage Wall Art
- Mix Your Own Shade of White
- 5 No-Sew Fabric Projects
- Ways to Play with Colour Using Mouldings
- What To Do with Wooden Crate Pallets
- Re-purposing a MidMod Lamp
- DIY Container Gardening
- Refinishing a Bentwood Chair
- Wine Cork Crafts
For everything DIY-related, visit our Renos & DIY section.