Invite friends over for a DIY craft party with bright colours, simple flowers, easy nibbles and a cute take home project.
1) Find your inspiration. Keep an open mind when looking for a fabulous item to kick start your design. We found this fabulous laughing buddah in hot orange. What a great way to punch up the white winter.
2) Turn simple food into a sleek display. Green coco pods are used as mini trays to hold sushi and fruits. They are lined up to give extra impact. Super cool. Super simple. No cooking required.
White cymbidium blooms, or boat orchids are a chic pick
3) Add one type of flower. Cymbidium blooms are long lasting and have great impact. Use individual blooms and stand up a stem in a container for variety.
4) Add pillows and napkins in bright colours to punch up any décor. Hot pink and orange accents will make any room feel fresh and vibrant.
5) When organizing or de-cluttering, don’t throw out old frames, scrap ribbons or trim. Keep them for this easy ribbon project. You can also visit a good dollar store or craft store for inexpensive frames and ribbons or ask your guests to bring their own in colours of their choice.
Simply layer paper, ribbons and trim to get the pattern you want, then glue. This is also a good project for pre-teens or teenagers.