How do real people decorate on a real budget? A very timely subject, I think!
Laura A. from Ottawa recently redecorated her main floor: living room, dining room, kitchen and foyer. It was “a labour of love” for her, which she managed to execute on an undisclosed, but confirmed tight budget. When I found Laura’s Shoestring Makeover in my inbox, I was so excited about it, I absolutely had to share. I, for one, think she did a fabulous job of being resourceful, and the place looks great. The most dramatic transformation (and my favourite) happened in her living room. See below her before and after pics and scroll further to read what she’d done. Make sure to note her crafty tapestry rug (see our post on the subject) and the sofa pillows which she sewed out of a dress!
Anyone else got a Shoestring Makeover they want to share? Thanks Laura, keep up the great work!
Laura’s Living Room Before:
Laura’s Living Room After:
• Replaced old living room set with Gluckstein microfibre sectional from The Bay, on sale
• Chrome and brushed nickel coffee and end tables found in the "as is" section at DeBoer’s
• Monet print purchased second hand
• Area rug that is actually a photo of a Monet print enlarged onto a tapestry
• Sewed and purchased cushions to match in various fabrics: the fuchsia, green and cream pillow was from a linen dress in my closet, found the cream, black and silver fabric in the remnants section at Rockland Textiles
• Added a flat screen TV
• 10-button black ottoman from BouClair provides front window seating as well as DVD and other storage