I think we all dream of whiling away a cold winter morning with newspaper at hand, a bottomless pot of coffee or tea and the knowledge that you have nothing else to do all day. The only thing that could make this thought any better is the perfect spot to escape to.
Of course, carving out a cozy breakfast nook depends largely on your space, but every home has a corner that with a little attention, could be easily transformed into a lovely spot. With many people taking holidays in the next couple of weeks this is the perfect time to set yourself up for those lazy winter mornings ahead. Whether it’s adding some new pillows and linens to your current breakfast spot or adding a couple of chairs beside a window, we can all find some unused space for a breakfast sanctuary. This warm and rustic mood board will give you a few ideas of how to get started.
- Sheepskin throws are perhaps the easiest and most economical way to transform an uncomfortable chair or bench into a cozy place to escape to. Layer one over a chair or several onto a bench.
- A rustic wood table or even a vintage serving tray with some patina will give that lived in feeling of a cottage, or an old European home.
- Natural throw pillows or rough antique French linen napkins and tea towels add a bit of romance.
- Top it all off with some croissants, raspberry confiture and a little Serge Gainsbourg and you ‘re in Paris! (OK, maybe not).
- If you’re lucky enough to have a fireplace in the room, make sure to stack one wall high with rough cut logs. A stack of firewood creates instant atmosphere.
- Finally, what nook is complete without a cable knit wrap or throw? A set up like this may keep you inside all winter long…
Do you have a spot in your home you could transform into a cozy breakfast nook? What are your favourite ways to make a space more comfortable?