Here’s a gorgeous take on impressionistic art.
- Photo enlarged to 36” X 24” (91.4 cm X 69 cm) on poster paper
- 3” X 4” (7.62 cm X 10.16 cm) – 84 ‘toploader” hockey card sleeves (hard plastic)
- 148 – 3/8” (1 cm) jump rings
- 14 split key rings – ¾” (19 mm) diameter
- 50” long (127 cm) X 3/4” (2 cm) diameter curtain rod – (the length will be determined by the length of your photo 6” (15 cm))
- Curtain rod hooks
- Utility knife, 1/8”(.32 cm) heavy-duty hole punch (Crop-A-Dile), metal edged ruler, pencil
- Enlarge your photo to the desired size. Make sure the total dimensions will fit evenly inside the hockey sleeves when the picture is cut up. Take advantage of the blank border that may surround your poster and incorporate it into the project.
- Draw your cutting lines on the back side of the poster to 3 ¾” (9.6 cm) X 2 ½” (6.4 cm). Using a metal ruler to ensure a straight edge, run the utility knife along your cutting lines to cut the poster into sections. If your poster is 36” X 24” (91.4 cm X 69 cm), you will have 84 pieces, 14 across and 6 down. Make sure to number each section horizontally from 1 to 14. Then vertically add the row number from 1 – 6 or it will turn into a jig-saw puzzle. An extra reminder, because the outer and bottom edges of the poster do not need to be linked, mark an “X” along those points as a reminder NOT hole punch them.
- Place each piece inside a hockey card sleeve.
- Once all the pieces are in the sleeves, hole-punch the centre of each outer edge of the hockey card sleeves, as close to the edge as possible. Remember, do not hole-punch the outer edges of the poster or the lower edge of bottom row sleeves as they do not need to be linked.
- Lay the pieces face down on a table or the floor in proper order. Start attaching each piece together with jump rings.
- Along the top row of the adjoined pieces, make sure to add the 14 key rings for hanging.
- Hang from ¾” (2 cm) diameter metal piping or curtain rod; attach like a shower curtain.
Hockey-card sleeves –
Gem Mint Collectibles
120-370 East Broadway
Vancouver , BC
3/8” (1 cm) jump rings –
Habsons Jewellers Supplies
Curtain rod and hooks –
Utility knife, Metal edged ruler –
Loomis Art Store
Crop-A-Dile (hole puncher, eyelet & snap setter all in one!) –
Michaels Craft Store