Glam holiday decor via Pinterest.
In order to create a space that embodies mid mod holiday glam, you do not need to copy a particular look but rather draw inspiration from one. This glam holiday look inspired me because I love the pops of gold and green (have you heard that emerald is the new colour of the year?) and the fact that this space is elegant while rocking a hint of mid-century modern flair.
To ring in the holiday season in style, you can purchase a playful felt pompom wreath from Anthropologie or a Jonathan Adler gold and white peacock menorah. I love a beautifully wrapped gift, and these new wrapping papers by Rifle Paper Co. are amazing! They have a classy, fun and retro feel. This peony paper fit my holiday colour scheme perfectly… perhaps it is just the right excuse to send my guests home with a fun little party favour (possibly even something mid mod inspired like a retro matchbook or a favorite record). The wood pieces of furniture as well as the gold and black colours help to anchor the room. It’s smart to choose neutral colours for furniture items that are big purchases and ones that you may have in your home for many years to come; leave the bold colours to accessories or easily alterable items so you can switch up your look as trends change or your style evolves.
The holidays are a cheery time so keep that feeling in mind when designing your holiday glam environment; it will be sure to put some smiles on faces and magic in the air. Happy holidays!
1. Anthropologie Snow Pearls Wool Wreath, Anthropologie
2. Jonathan Adler Sputnik Suspension Lamp, The Modern Shop
3. Scandinavian Modern Teak Arm Chair, Scandinavian Modern
4. Scandinavian Modern Rosewood Armchair, Scandinavian Modern
5. Peridot Antique Brass Round Tray, Peridot
6. The Modern Shop Case Study Plant Plot, The Modern Shop
7. The Cross Turquoise Tealight Holder, Cross Design
8. The Cross Gold Horn Ornament, Cross Design
9. Rifle Paper Co. Emerald Peonies Wrapping Sheets, available at Anthropologie or Indigo
10. The Modern Shop Classic Dining Table, The Modern Shop
11. The Cross Moroccan Leather Pouf, Cross Design
12. Jonathan Adler Peacock Menorah, Amazon