We’re late with February’s theme, but in our defense, we’re trying to make February seem as short as possible. Though I must admit that this year, February has been a real peach. I don’t know how February’s been treating you in your part of the world but in Ontario, fall shoes have been enjoying an unusually long season.
Onto colour. Even dry and sunny, February is not a looker. Throughout its remaining 20 days we shall blot out the blech with colour, colour and more colour! How to make friends with, choose, use, mix, pop, complement and contrast, colour. February can keep its dirty asphalt, bald lawns, soggy cigarette butts and dog poo (too graphic?): our HGTV colour goggles turn everything rosy!
New This Month:
- Mood Board: Move Over Tangerine, Make Room for Kelly Green!
- HGTV.ca Original Home Tour: A Colourful Charmer in Vancouver
- Samantha Pynn Reveals Her Colour Secrets and Her Living Room!
- Sam Pynn Gives Step-by-Step Advice on How to Choose Colour for your Home
- Great Grays: How to Choose the Right Grey for Your Wall
- Video: Bob and Cortney Novogratz On Using Colour
- Lunchtime Fix: More Framed Wall Colour Ideas
- Ways to Play with Wall Colour Using Moulding
- Video: Iconic Designer Karim Rashid Talks Pantone Colour of the Year and More!
- Design Dilemma with Samantha Pynn: On Bathrooms, Colour and Shower Curtains
- Baby Room: White or Colour?
- Top 5 Friday: Paint Colours for a Home Refresh
Discuss photos from new show, Home by Novogratz:
- Mood Board: Global Modernism with Weathered Wood, Natural Materials and Ethnic Textiles
- Colour Inspiration: Chocolate Brown and Tropical Turquoise from The Mix
- A Red Rec Room From Sarah’s House 4
- Colour Inspiration: Rich Blues and Warm Gold from Sarah’s House 4
- Blue Rooms!
- Colour Palette: Primary Colours from Sarah 101
- What’s Hot in Design, From a Lady Who Knows
- Colour Inspiration: Pattern, Warm Reds and Cream from Sarah 101
- Picture This: A Fall Burgundy-Inspired Mood Board for Bedrooms and Living Rooms
Colour Inspiration: Blue and Orange MidMod From Pure Design
- Colour Inspiration: Accents of Pink and Chartreuse From Sarah 101
- Creating a Timeless Colour Palette: The Secret to All-Neutral Interiors
- Top 5 Friday: Ways to Use Colour
- How to Paint Just About Anything
- Power Colour Combinations
- Colour Your World: Great ideas from Peter Fallico
- Using Accents to Add Colour