The key to this wickedly pale mantelpiece is sticking to one, predominant colour -- in this case white.
Styling by Annie McDonald & Emma Reddington
Photos by Kristin Sjaarda
Vary the size and shape of your objects to provide some visual interest. Adding some sculptural fall branches and squat white pumpkins is a great way to play with contrasting heights.
Votives, candelabras and white sculls add that wicked moody touch, and hints of blood red in the foliage are perfectly in keeping with the Halloween tradition.
A piece of burlap casually draped around the base of the fireplace adds some texture and completes the look.
- Small gourd-shaped vases - Michaels
- Tree Trunk vases - Loblaw's
- Small and Large Perforated Votives - West Elm
- Tree Trunk Candles - West Elm
- Papier Mache Skull, Headstone Fragment, Tree Trunk Candle Holder - stylist's own
- White Pitcher - West Elm
- Bell Jar and Pedestal - The Mercantile
- Large White Container - stylist's own
- Mirror - Vintage