Saturday, May 15, 2010 12:49 PM EDT
Christopher Guy furniture
In our previous installment of HGTV.ca's escapade to World Market Center Las Vegas, we looked at ultra glam -- as envisioned by actress and designer Jane Seymour and furniture designer Michael Amini.
It was silks and satins, alligator skin and mirrors, sparkly chandeliers and Swarovski crystals. Not surprisingly, many of you found it to be a bit more glam than you can handle. We anticipated this, and today, show you how some designers take glam down a few notches, to something we've taken to calling: tailored glam.
How do you tailor glam? Watch and see! But here's a little checklist of elements to look for, when picking furnishing in this style:
- Hints of Hollywood Regency -- Asian influence in the furniture style, large, dramatic shapes
- Lacquered wood
- Mirrored accessories
- Wood trimming on soft furnishings
- Exposed wooden leg on seating
- Solid, neutral colours
- Raw silks and velvets/velours in upholstery
- Occasional lamps used to create symetry
- Contrast piping on pillows and soft furnishings