Elana Safronsky, Managing Editor
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:00 PM EDT
The evening many of you (and us, of course) have been patiently (or not so patiently, we've had quite a few of your inquiries) waiting for, is finally here: Season 2 of Sarah 101 premieres tonight, at 8pm ET/5pm PT!
SO much to look forward to. Tonight, two back-to-back episodes transform a dated dining room, and a small master bedroom left to flounder after homeowners' renovation burnout.
Dining room from premiering episode of Sarah 101, Season 2
Above, feast your eyes on a teaser from Sarah and Tommy's dining room transformation, but you'll have to watch for a glimpse of the master bedroom mircale on tonight's second episode!
I've had the privileged of previewing some of the fab and fresh looks to come, and here's a list of design and decorating highlights you can look forward to:
- You thought Sarah went on a colour journey in Sarah's House 4? Well she continues to surprise with bold new colour combos and masterful tone-on-tone in unexpected hues.
- Great new examples of how to work old pieces of furniture into your new look with simple touches such as finish and hardware.
- Ever seen Sarah go Scandi-inspired modern? You'll see her wield blond woods and MidMod classics to suit her unique vision.
- Move up a decade on the design timeline, and find Sarah's sophisticated take on a chic '60s living room!
- Find uses for classics such as reclaimed barn wood and sometimes out-of-favour materials such as linoleum such as you've never seen before -- guaranteed!
- Not all is about striking out with bold, new ideas however -- Sarah's signature romance laces the season with soft colour schemes, plush layering of fabric and an incredibly gracious bathroom (LOVE those bathrooms...)
- Finally, you'll find great new backsplash ideas, DIY wall art, unique wall coverings and lots of amazing sconces! (You know how Sarah loves her sconces.)
Don't miss tonight's premiering episodes and make sure to come back to the blog tomorrow for our Discuss post!