Curb Appeal: Tips for Your Lawn
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:37 PM EDT
Have you had the lawn mower out yet this year? Do you have enough healthy grass to even bother? Now that keeping our lawns and gardens as gorgeous as the Joneses has become of paramount importance, here are a few tips to get you started.
- Re-seed bare spots asap before weeds move in.
- Let a little clover live among your grass. It's great at bringing nutritious nitrogen from the air into the soil.
- Invest in an aerator. Poking holes in your lawn is actually the best way to bring air to the roots and promote growth.
- Your lawn only needs two to three centimetres of water a week. Keep a measuring cup outside to measure rainfall and only add water when needed. It's good for the lawn, environment and your hydro bill.
- Leave your grass clippings on the lawn. They break down quickly and make a great natural fertilizer.
- Ready to give up on grass? Consider a hardy groundcover like these great Stepables available at Loblaws.
blog comments powered by